Here at DogStuff® we use only the best materials, and a variety of designs to give our customers the widest choice on the market. We offer a wide range
What Is An Orthopedic Dog Bed?
What Is An Orthopedic Dog Bed
What is an orthopedic dog bed? While shopping for human beds it is nowadays fairly impossible to avoid memory foam. Orthopedic memory foam appears to be everywhere! But why is this?
The answer is simple the material actually designed by NASA is the most supportive material on the market. It is also a very hardwearing resilient material.
Your dog can benefit from the great performance of memory foam in an orthopedic bed.
Indeed, the best orthopaedic dog bed is constructed using a solid memory foam insert. This insert is a high density foam in quality, properly constructed beds.
Designed to support the back, joints and overall body a true orthopedic memory foam dog bed supports the canine’s weight, relieving pressure points across the body.
Look for quality
When looking to purchase an orthopedic dog bed you need to ensure that the bed is constructed of memory foam not filled with polyester fiber or foam chip fillings, these beds are simply not orthopedic.
The research of the American pet products association, reveals an important statistic; 9 out of 10 dogs will suffer from joint pain & arthritis within their lifetime.
Therefore the importance of a memory foam dog bed is highlighted.
Orthopedic pet beds are, however, not exclusively for older dogs. They also can have a preventative effect when used proactively for younger or small breed dogs too.
Your dog should not wake up stiff and sore if your pup is slow to rise and shows rigidity in their movements their existing bed may be substandard. It may be time to invest in an orthopedic bed!
Choosing the right orthopedic dog bed
- Real memory foam – Ensure the mattress uses real memory foam in its construction
- Thickness- A thicker cushion is more likely to provide better support, aim for a minimum of three inches thickness.
- Durable- You need to find a bed that is likely to stand the test of time, especially seeing as memory foam dog beds generally don’t come cheap.
- Waterproof- liners to protect the foam inner are of great importance for accident-prone pups.
- Size- A bed that can accommodate your dog comfortably is of paramount importance. As dog bed sizes aren’t standardized you may need to measure your dog in a resting position to ensure they will fit.
- Cost- Beds in the orthopedic/memory foam segment generally will not be cheap. But it is an investment for the future health and wellbeing of your dog. Try to balance your budget and get the best orthopedic dog bed you can afford
View our range of high quality orphopedic dog beds HERE